The board of directors of the Islander Sports Foundation seeks student-athlete involvement in our leadership and decision making. As a result, each Spring we seek applications from interested CHS sophomores to serve as the student representative to the ISF Board of Directors. Students apply, interview, and begin their term in the Spring of the sophomore year with the expectation that they will continue their term for two years through Spring of their senior year.
We expect the ISF student representative responsibilities would require an average of 4 to 6 hours a month. Primary activities include
- Participate in monthly ISF board meetings held the second Tuesday of the month from 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- Volunteer at ISF fundraising events including the Veteran’s Day race, Valentine’s Day race, and 4th of July race.
- Participate in other ISF events held throughout the year
- Coordinate with the CHS Associated Student Body (ASB) to ensure coverage of ISF events
- Recruit applicants for the student representative position each Spring
Serving as the ISF student representative would provide a meaningful and educational experience that benefits fellow students, athletes, and the school. Additional benefits include
- Gaining leadership experience within the Coronado community
- Developing insight into nonprofit management
- Building relationships with board of director members
Please direct any questions to Abby Berk at email@example.com.