We have the go ahead to begin Football Summer Strength and Conditioning!
Beginning Monday, July 13th, athletes will meet (Mondays, and Wednesdays from 8:00 – 9:30 am), to train on our stadium field, and across the street, on Cutler field. Training will be in groups of 12 or less, with no footballs, weights, or equipment to start off with, and will be focusing on stretching/mobility, strength training, and speed/agility work!
Due to the fact that our groups can not change, we are asking for a commitment of 80% or more of the workouts, to best meet the needs of the team.
Please know that as a staff, we understand if you choose not to have your athlete(s) start up with us just yet. If that is the case, please know that we will hold nothing against them, and will welcome them back with open arms if, and when you do feel ready for them to return. If your athlete is new to CHS Football, please contact Coach Hines, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Stephanie Anderson, StephanieJKA@gmail.com, to let us know. We are always excited to include new players to the team!!
In order for anyone to participate with us, please note the following:
- Participant Liability Form MUST be completed, signed (by players and parents), and handed, in PRIOR to any workout.
- CHS sports physical form is not required for the Summer workouts, but WILL BE REQUIRED for the start of the season, so please have updated physicals ready to go no later than August 1st!
- Players must bring their own water bottles, and there will be no opportunity to refill at the school, so it will be wise to bring more than one or two bottles.
- There will be no access to the restrooms, or access to the inside of the school.
- Face masks/coverings should be worn while showing up to workouts, but do NOT have to be worn during training.
- Players should bring cleats, plenty of water, and NO footballs (per CIF rules at this time).
- Players riding bikes should lock them up along the 6th street fence in order to keep space open for those using the pools.
- If parents are dropping athletes off, we ask that you do not “hang out” in large groups.
Send any questions to Stephanie Anderson, StephanieJKA@gmail.com.