New to the 2018/2019 winter season, coed flag rugby! First practice Saturday November 3 1-3 PM at Niedermeyer field.
- Coed Flag Rugby is a Winter Sport and open to boys, girls and coed teams wanting to learn and compete in the sport of rugby. Our goal is to have the 8th graders compete against 7th and 6th grades in Flag Rugby. The 6th graders can also combine with any 5th graders that are interested in playing up. The teams will also compete against teams from Sacred Heart and Imperial Beach. To be clear boys and girls teams can compete against each other and together. The winners name and picture will be placed on the Coronado Cup and presented to the winning school at the end of the season.
- The Tritons COED Tackle Under-12 team is also available to 5th graders but we encourage you to try Flag Rugby before committing.
- We will be practicing on the same pitch as the High Rugby Teams with Player Coaches coming over to help.
- The Rugby Club runs touch rugby every Sunday at Tidelands Park from 11-1:30 if you want to have a fun run. For more information about Flag Rugby go to the Islanders Sports Foundation Website at https://islandersportsfoundation.com/ or contact Coach Trujillo at email@example.com
- Thank you, we’ll see you on the pitch.
For information about Flag Rugby please watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23W_w8fmqwU
For more information please click on our Rugby Parents Meeting link. http://www.coronadoislandersrugby.org/documents/227809 or go to http://www.coronadoislandersrugby.org/