Hello CHS Sophomores,
The Islander Sports Foundation (ISF) is seeking a CHS student representative to join the ISF board of directors. We are looking for a motivated student to help us improve our Coronado sports programs with a one-year appointment starting Spring 2017. All CHS sophomores are encouraged to apply – it is not required that you participate in CHS sports.
Serving as the ISF student representative would provide a meaningful and educational experience that benefits your fellow students and our school. Additional benefits include:
- Gaining leadership experience within the Coronado community
- Developing insight into non-profit management
- Building relationships with board of directors members and local leaders
We recognize that high school students have many commitments. We expect the ISF student representative position could be filled with an average of 4 to 5 hours a month with the following activities:
- Attend monthly board meetings typically held at 6:30 pm on the second Tuesday of the month
- Participate in ISF events held approximately four times a year
- Volunteer at ISF fundraisers approximately four times a year
- Complete additional administrative tasks as needed
Ideal applicants will have demonstrated leadership, an interest in CHS sports, and the ability to work with adults. Interested students need to submit the application (typed or printed) to the CHS office by 3pm Friday, April 7. Interviews will be conducted the week of April 17. The ISF student representative will be selected and notified by the end of April to begin their role starting with the May 9, 2017 board of directors meeting.
Please direct any questions to ISF board member, Abby Berk, at firstname.lastname@example.org